Sunday, May 17, 2020

Worship the Lord With All of Your Heart


As of today, we have been in lockdown due to the coronavirus for 64 days.  I am sure many are feeling as I do, that this will go on and on and on and on, and never end.  Of course, this is silly thought.  Nothing goes on forever, except the Lord.  He is the only Eternal One.  He is the Alpha and Omega.  He is the Beginning and the End.  I Am, is who he is.  Someday, this too shall pass.  In the meantime, we have to find a way to endure the isolation.

As I search my heart today and seek the Lord I hear him tell me that worship is one way to find peace for times like these. I have known this in the past and I have done this in the past.  When we fill our minds and hearts with words and songs of worship we fill our souls.  When our souls are full of love for our Lord, the Holy Spirit of God comes into our being and brings us to the throne of God.  At the throne of the Father we are filled with peace, love, tranquility, goodness, mercy, faith, and all of the emotions and feelings he put inside of us when he created us.  When he created our bodies, he put our souls inside.  Our souls are constantly seeking the connection to the Holy Spirit of God from whence we came.  Worship does this! 

No matter how short of a time we have walked with God or how long of a time we have walked with him, we constantly need to be refreshed and renewed.  Life on this earth can be very difficult at times.  For me, this has been one of the most difficult.  I miss the church services.  I miss the hugs and interaction with others.  I miss the one-on-one, face to face conversations.  I miss the freedom to make plans with others.  But throughout all of this, I can be closer to the Lord through my worship with him. 

I have a husband who has no interest in music.  I love music.  This has made my life of worship difficult as I have to find times to turn up the music and fill my soul with song.  Many times I get complacent and there is no worship.  If this goes on too long in my life I tend to lose some of my peace, then anxiety creeps in.  If I do not find that connection back to the Holy Spirit I become complacent in my day to day life.  I call these my "desert times" or my "dry bone days".  They are not good days and the evil one always tries to hold me down during these times.  The devil will always take our faults and try to make us believe we are not loved by anyone, including God.  Satan will always try to condemn us.  He will always try to cause us to stumble and fall.  He will always try to bind us to chains of his doing. 

But by the power of worship we can toss him out of our lives and call upon the Father to fill us with his Spirit. God comes along side of us and lifts up our hearts, our minds, our spirits.  He tells us of his love for us and fills us with all of the goodness of his love.  He tromps on the head of the snake and tosses him out of our spirit and our lives.  The Lord fills us with love and peace when we worship in spirit and in truth!

John 4:24 (ESV)
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Psalm 27:4 (KJV)
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.

Psalms 95:6 (GNB)
Come, let us bow down and worship him; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!

John 4:23 (KJV)
 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.


No comments:

Post a Comment