Thursday, January 13, 2022

Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek

Thursday, January 13, 2022 6:55 PM

The January Power of Twelve word is seek.  The scripture reference is;

Matthew 7:7-8; 

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

In thinking about how we seek and find the Lord, I thought about the game we all played as children, Hide and Seek.  Do you remember the thrill of the game?  If you were not the person doing the counting and then the seeking, you were the one running to find the very best place to hide.  It was fun if you were the hider or the seeker.  Hiding required thinking and deciding the best place to hide that your seeker could not find you.  For me I remember trying to find a place where I could wrap up in a little ball, under something or heaven forbid, some place dark!  When the seeker would get close it was all I could do not to laugh, breathe hard or make any kind of noise.  Also remember, if the seeker could not find you then you are the winner!  Being the seeker was just as fun as being the hider.  You could hear the littlest ones breathing or giggling.  Or their feet were sticking out from under whatever they were hiding under.  What a fun childhood game.

In seeking the Lord there is no hiding going on.  I think that sometimes we think God is hiding from us but he is not.  Sometimes he is just quiet. But there are times we do try to hide from him.  We don't want to tell him what we are doing, why we are doing it, and just do not want to hear from him.  We are in hiding but he can still hear our every breathe and see our feet sticking out from under the table.  The sooner we learn not to hide from the Lord the better our relationship with him becomes.  The sooner we are honest about everything we are thinking and feeling the easier it is for him to come and help or just come and love on us.

This is what a father does.  Always loves no matter what kind of trouble his child may be in.  He never gives up on us therefore we never give up on him.

I have been seeking the Lord for over 4 decades now and feel that he and I are in a rock solid relationship. I cannot breathe without him. The childish games have been set aside and we walk together hand in hand.  My days of hiding are long gone.  He knows exactly who I am.  I on the other hand, still want to know him more deeply. I want to hear his still small voice speaking words of wisdom and encouragement to me.  I still want to see his miracles and feel the power of the Holy Spirit move in my life and in the lives of those I love.  I still seek more of him.

Each one of us who love the Lord will always hear his soft call and his voice saying,

"And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29:13 (NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment