Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July - Winter Season

It is pouring down rain, cold and wet today and here it is the first day of July.  It feels and looks like it could be the first of December.  If we did not have calendar you might be able to persuade someone it really was winter!

The weather is just another one of the weird circumstances surrounding this entire year so far.  It seems like we just got done with Christmas and then in January we made it to a basketball game of our grandson's in Washington State.  That was late January, early February.  Around this same time we were hearing of passengers stuck on cruise ships for weeks with some kind of sickness.  Then all American travelers were told to get back into the United States now, as they were going to close the borders.  That was done and then each of the states started shutting down business, school, events, church, everything!

All of the upcoming graduation plans, wedding plans, vacation plans, sporting events, everything, cancelled.   We all stood around our home with the proverbial deer-in-the-headlights look.  What just happened? Life stopped.  What is going to happen now?  Nothing and I do mean nothing.  Many of us went straight to God in prayer for answers.  I did not get an answer except; "Be patient.  Be at peace.  Rest in me."  That was three and one-half months ago.  That was in March.  Now it is July.  

My life feels like a winter.  My heart feels like a winter.  My brain feels like a winter.  Everything is cold and gray.  Nothing is shining.  Nothing feels good.  I keep waiting for God to say something else to me but he is quiet.  I wish I knew what this is all for.  I wish I could find some joy during all of this.  I wish I could find a way out but there is no way out.  

Millions and millions of us across the globe are feeling this way.  We are all uncertain of what tomorrow may bring.  The younger generations have gone out of control as they have nothing to draw from.  There is no God for them to reach out to.  They have never known him or even wanted to know him.  They have focused their 20,30,40 years on themselves and have nothing else to guide them.  They are protesting, rioting, vandalizing, looting, even killing.  They are the lost souls that God wanted to save but never got the chance to meet.  

Could it be that all of this will continue as God finds a way to meet some of these lost souls?  If so, I will try to be more patient as we go through this winter season of life.  He waited for me at one time in my life to come to him so maybe he is waiting for you to call upon him.  At this point in time what do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment