Sunday, April 17, 2022

Verily Verily - I Tell You The Truth

 

There are 77 times recorded in the King James Bible where Jesus begins with saying "Verily" or "Verily, verily" and this means "I tell you the truth" and then He goes on to speak of that truth. There are 30 incidents in Matthew.  There are 15 times in the book of Mark. There are 8 in Luke and there are 24 times in John.  

Over and over throughout His ministry and life He would start by telling the people; 

"This is the truth I am speaking."

"Hear this truth."

"I am telling you the truth."

"What I am about to say is the truth."

Over and over He wanted to make the truth very plain to all people.  Even the thief dying on his cross along side of Jesus received the truth from Jesus.

Luke 23:43 (KJV) And Jesus said unto him, 

Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

The sinner on the cross received the truth from God the Son.  The Savior of all who call upon His name and believe He is who He said He is!  Jesus told the thief that today, this day, your body will die but your spirit will go with me into paradise, the perfect garden, Eden, the park, the place of perfection I have created for you, my chosen one.  Jesus prefaced this statement with the word "Verily" to express that it is truth! The undeniable and full truth of what He does for those who believe in who He is, those He loves and whom He has chosen to be with Him in a perfect place of life after this worldly life in this fallen world.  The gift of salvation, the saving of our souls forever!

This world is not the place the Father created for His people.  He had a perfect place planned with nothing but perfection for His people.  This place became tainted with sin  when the evil one became disobedient, fell from grace and was cast out of the place of perfection and onto this world where he enticed mankind to also sin causing death to our bodies. Here on the earth we were born into we each must make a choice to hear the Lord's words of truth and accept them or hear them and deny them.

John 6:47 (KJV)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Every single time Jesus spoke the word "Verily" He was saying Amen, So be it, this is truth, truth what I am saying, believe what I tell you, believe what I say, this is verified, this is established, this is sure, this is true.  

John 14:6 (KJV) - Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.




No comments:

Post a Comment