Monday, September 5, 2022

Following Jesus

People who follow Jesus follow a man who was God in human form. It’s not a religious connection but a spiritual connection. Unless one finds this spiritual connection even a religious connection won’t fill a person with the peace, hope and love that comes. It only happens by spirit not religion. 

Those who followed Jesus when he walked on earth in human form heard him say things like,

“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” ~  ‭‭John‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.” ~ ‭‭John‬ ‭14:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” ~ ‭‭John‬ ‭9:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.” ~ ‭‭John‬ ‭10:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” ~ ‭‭John‬ ‭5:46-47‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Over and over Jesus spoke to the religious leaders of his time and tried to get them to see and understand he was God. He was the Messiah, the Christ, the Savior that all of the old prophets spoke of hundreds and thousands of years earlier, but they were stuck in their religion without a spiritual connection. The were blind and did not want to see. They were stubborn and prideful. They were selfish and greedy with power. They killed him instead of kneeling before God. 

But the disciples and the people who walked with him, talked with him, listened to him and made a spiritual connection with him did see who he was. They saw the miracles he performed and were not jealous of his power. They saw the kindness and love he had for others and did not call him their enemy but their friend. They saw his gentle way of dealing with others and felt love for him not resentment. Many of them died for him and many still are over 2,000 years later. 

Living for Jesus has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the Spirit of God living and working inside the hearts and minds of those who hear and see past this world and into a spiritual world. When one believes in who Jesus was and what he said, they also believe in this promise;

“There are many rooms in my Father's house, and I am going to prepare a place for you. I would not tell you this if it were not so. And after I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to myself, so that you will be where I am.” ~ ‭‭John‬ ‭14:2-3‬ ‭GNTD‬‬

And this promise;

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” ~ ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

None of this is rocket science. It is faith. Simple, pure, spiritual faith to believe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment