Friday, March 24, 2023

In The Stillness

This morning during my scripture reading the Lord was leading me to all of His words about being still.  Listening and watching for Him requires stillness on our part in order to hear Him and see Him. 

 

Now that I am retired and I no longer have my husband with me I am afforded this luxury of being still.  A young mother with two little ones only gets this quiet time in rare instances.  A full time working woman is focused on getting her job done and hardly ever has a moment of stillness especially if her family awaits her when she goes home.  A business owner is so busy earning their livelihood and keeping their employees employed they never have much time for themselves let alone stillness.  Today life is so busy very few can find a still time once a week let alone once a day to listen and watch for the Lord.

 

There are many scriptures that speak of being still before the Lord.

 

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Exodus 14:14

 

Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes!

1 Samuel 12:16

 

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Psalms 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment