Saturday, August 19, 2023

Guard Your Mind


This morning I need to write about what happened in my dreams last night.  I was attacked and had to fight.  There were monsters all over. Demons coming at me and who I was with.  Every corner, every turn, there was another monster showing up and coming at us.  Again and again the attackers came at us.  Just when I turned a corner and thought they were gone another one of them came at me.  I knew they were trying to kill me but I was able to fight them off.  I don't remember if I had a weapon but I was fighting.  It was a terrible battle and I was getting so very tired but I could not give up or I was dead.  Then I woke up.

In waking everything was so vivid and I began calling on the name of Jesus!  I knew there were evil spirits in my mind and they had been tormenting me in my sleep.  They had been out to kill my peace.  For at least 10 minutes I prayed and said the name of Jesus as my heart quit racing and the faces of the monsters were replaced with the face of Jesus and his angels who set guard over us when we call on Him.  I turned on my audio Bible to the book of Psalms let the verses flood my mind.  Chapter 18 is where I started listening as David cried out to the Lord to fight his battles and to protect him.  If was not a coincidence the Lord started me in that chapter.  I took 15 to 20 minutes before I was calm again and the monsters were fading from my thoughts.  I fell back to sleep with the audio Bible playing the monsters never returned.

As I think about the event this morning, it was terrifying to have it happen but then as I read Psalms 18 this morning I knew in my spirit that God had played that word for me to calm me from the attack of the devil I had experienced. This scripture reaffirmed to me that we are in a world filled with evilness and even those of us who walk closely with the Lord can come under spiritual attacks just as it says in Ephesians 6:12.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

God gives us the way to fight these rulers of the darkness and that is what we are told to do in Ephesians 6:13-18.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 

I have underlined the words, above all, to point out the shield of faith is what was needed to fight the monsters who came into my dreams last night.  As I woke from the fight, the dream, I had the ability to know it was a demonic attack and to go straight to Jesus and His word.  Without faith in the power of Jesus we are open to the demonic attacks here on earth.  It's a daily walk and daily learning how to walk the walk.  Without being in the word of God we cannot be prepared when these attacks come at us.  The blueprint for navigating these battles is right there in scripture for all of us to learn and know.

This morning my devotional only reaffirmed what I already knew but I love the poke from Holy Spirit that I heard correctly. Remember, with God there are no coincidences. 

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. - Romans 8:6


No comments:

Post a Comment